So, first? It looks likely that one week from today will be my first Tae Kwon Do class in FOREVER! Hooray! I’m so excited! I liked TKD, and was sorry when I moved/went broke/didn’t call around to find a new class because I was lazy. Yeah. All those things. But! A class means that I am assured of at least 2 (and possibly 3, since I will sometimes-but-not-always go to the midday Saturday class) seriously hard workouts every week. Um. Workouts that I will actually DO, that is. *Smiles angelically*
So, a food plan. I made a lot of Food Plans over the last week or so.
A LOT. (Did you read that Perfectionist post?) A. WHOLE. LOT.
And yesterday, I threw them all out.
I revised some things. I was reminded of things. I checked my crazy head at the door: both the super-obssessive part, and the whiny-lazy-brat part. Here’s what I have:
1) Eat fruit every morning. It’s good for you. Get up 30 minutes earlier if you have to. It won’t kill you.
2) Eat protein and veggies at most breakfasts. Oatmeal works, too. Toast 2 or 3 times a month won’t kill you: if you eat it, just freakin’ enjoy it, since you hardly ever eat it, anyway.
3) Eat protein, carbs and veggies at lunch. Sandwiches are tasty, and you like them: eat those.
4) Have an afternoon treat. IT’S OK.
5) Eat protein and veggies at dinner. Try not to eat carbs – doctor’s orders.
6) Have some tea. Or some decaf. Something warm to drink will make you sleepy.
Figure that twice a week, the following will happen:
1) You will drink too much wine.
2) You will eat too much crap food.
IT’S OK. Try to limit those to twice a week, and we’ll work on getting them to be less frequent later.
1) Commit to 20 minutes every day, except the days you have TKD classes. Those days are exempt.
2) Easy workouts that you can do in your pajamas during commercial breaks of Law & Order with a glass of wine cup of tea waiting on the coffee table TOTALLY COUNT. (And if the only way you can make yourself do it is to have a glass of wine, fuck it: have a damn glass of wine. We’ll work on that later.)
3) 20 minutes. NO MATTER WHAT.
4) NO. MATTER. WHAT. Even if you just walk around the block (like when you go home to visit Mom and don’t WAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNA exercise). Yeah. I’ve got your number.
5) Even if you have to walk around the block in your flip-flops. (Thought I forgot about the no-workout-shoes “problem,” didn’t you? The ones you “forgot” to pack? NOPE.)
6) IT’S BETTER THAN NOTHING.
7) EVEN IF YOU WALK SLOWLY.
8) EVEN IF YOU STOMP THE WHOLE WAY LIKE A BRAT.
1) Start planning your menus again.
2) Yes, really.
3) I know it’s a pain. Do it anyway. That’s how you’ll afford those cool TKD classes, you know.
4) Go back to cooking weekly dinners on Sunday afternoons. Leftovers rock, and you even like them.
5) Start planning lunches and snacks, too. It will save you lots of money. See above re: TKD classes.
Keep a food journal. I know you hate them. But you have to know how many nights of crap food you’ve had. No conveniently “forgetting.”
Um, yeah. That’s my prototype, to be tightened or loosened (well, maybe not loosened – it’s pretty loose now) as time goes on.
Comments? Brilliant and helpful suggestions? Stupid and unhelpful suggestions? I’m open here, people. Hit me with it. Or not. Whatever. 😉