Ok, silliness today, seriousness tomorrow. 🙂 Sassy tagged me, and although I’m not usually a big tag-player, I liked this one! So here be the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is UP
1) I do a happy dance. No, really. I didn’t realize I actually DID it (I thought I just thought about it) until about a year ago. I was eating something SUPER-TASTY, and my cousin said, “What on earth are you doing?” Um. Turned out I really WAS doing a little happy dance. Yeah. Kind of embarassing. But funny, too. 😀
2) I’m writing a cookbook, and one of my favorite recipes is squash soup. But. I refuse, EVER, to puree my own squash. I buy it in packages in the frozen foods aisle. Pureeing a freakin’ squash is WAY TOO MUCH WORK. I did it once. I’ll never do it again. That’s kind of sacreligious if you’re writing a cookbook, but there ya go.
3) I sigh a LOT. I don’t know why. Oxygen deprivation? Annoyance at life? Who knows?
4) I LOVE Disneyland. Seriously. I even subscribe to a service that lets you load in ride times and then uses an algorithm to give you the best park schedule so you don’t have to wait in lines. And I know where most of the Hidden Mickeys are. And I know which shapes are worth the most points on Buzz Lightyear. Yeah. I’m a nerd.
5) I used to be a goth kid. That’s funny, because this is a picture of me – only I’m super-blond, now. Like Katherine-Heigl-blond.
Don’t I look like I should have black hair and blood-red lipstick? No? Yeah. I tried really hard to look fierce, but really I just ended up looking like Snow White. (Then again, that wasn’t such a bad thing. Don’t forget my ridiculous love of all things Disney.)
So, ta-da! That’s me, in a nutcase nutshell!!
Rules 4 and 5 I’m shamelessly breaking to say to everyone, play if you want to, don’t play if you don’t want to – it’s all good! 😀
And now one of my own that I did FOREVER ago, but I still get a kick out of :
List 5 things in your refrigerator that are always (or almost always) there:
1) Olives. Different kinds, different colors, but always olives. Right now I have a huge jar of green olives marinated in Chardonnay, garlic and red peppers. They are SO. TASTY. For serious.
2) A big bag of salad – usually baby spinach – for when I need dinner in a pinch
3) Olive oil (Did you know that if you keep in on the counter, it will go rancid? Yecchh.)
4) A bottle of red, and a bottle of white . . . (I feel a Billy Joel song coming on . . . )
5) Butter – 2 kinds: the “regular” kind for sauteeing and baking, and the fancy Irish butter that costs an arm and a leg, but is SO GOOD, for toast.
Oh! One more: French Vanilla Coffee-Mate. Full of chemicals, and I LOVE IT ANYWAY. Even though half the time I end up drinking my coffee black, anyway.
Ok! Now you!